Thursday, May 15, 2008

hello, hello.

Even now I am unsure what to log, and it isn't that I've been void of thoughts to reflect on or plagued by a lull in my need to garnish an opinion. I come to this place ritualistically, a habit formed by months and months of writing something. But I am empty and exhausted. I feel like I need to say something about the long scholarly journey of college and how it changed and matured me. I feel like I should be able to choke out at least a few woeful verses given my most recent circumstances of love. The truth is that all I can muster is body shaking sigh of relief that I have conquered an undergraduate degree. All I can bring myself to note about matters of the heart and the military is redundant - I miss him and love him more than I ever thought possible. But this is life and I'm staying afloat. For once it seems that the struggle has lessened. For the past week it seems that I've given up the frantic treading of water and allowed myself the luxury of a lackadaisical back-stroke. I'm taking a break because I can and loving every idle minute of it. Soon I'll be back. I've got so many stories to tell, after all.

1 comment:

Liv said...

take your time, honey. the world is going nowhere.