Thursday, May 1, 2008

Why, is not this better now than groaning for love?

Practice
kindness,
mercy and
forgiveness.

I fear what is coming from the sour sinking in my heart. An unexplainable pang, or dare I claim an intuition? It caught me today with a sudden grieving, I pray too soon and unnecessarily. And what to make of me, a brave young fatalist, trusting signs sent not by tea leaf but worse, tea bag?

Only Shakespeare would pose such comic tragedy, such foolery of Fortune, and foretelling. Perhaps the Universe wants only for me to act with kindness at all times and to practice forgiveness more wholly and consciously. A blanket statement, if you will.

A coincidence. It must be that simple, that all of my discourse happened to align with the random selection of that pomegranate package tonight. Oh, but if I am wrong and it is that ill news is to be ladled from the scalding pot...will I have the composure to practice kindness? To be merciful? Will I be humble and forgiving, as advised?

[let's just cross that bridge when/if we get there.]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that whole "mercy and forgiveness" thing takes some time. Trust me, I'm still trying to figure it out!

Maybe it's a tea bag conspiracy; a secret society of prophets that work for Yogi Tea. Or maybe I've been reading too much Pynchon.

Sarah P. Miller said...

Yes. The answer is yes and yes and yes.

You are doing so much better than you think you are, girl. Every single day.