Tuesday, February 26, 2008

consistency

I've finally rebounded enough to live once again in some semblance of normalcy. I still become engulfed by fits of coughing, and I tend to tire a bit more easily, but I can sleep on flat surfaces instead of last week's rising range of pillows [to keep the mucus flow maintained]. I can work an entire shift, sit through a day of class, and can sleep without the aid of medicinal remedies.

[relief.]

Everything else is also back to the usual, current state. I quickly readjusted to the single-dating life I left last week and it feels like a dream to have seen him, to know his environment as fact over imagination. Perhaps I put the thought of his skin against mine out of my head on purpose. A numbness about the separation makes it more bearable to be away from the object of one's true affection.

I've spent too much time focussed on these subjects. They have been somewhat overpowering in my presence, though.

...on another note, outside tiny flecks of glittering snow fall beneath street lights. As always I am hopeful for a day off due to inclimate weather. I'll not hold my breath, but I might cross my fingers.

It's short and choppy, but at least it's something to say I'm here. The bed calls, it's been a long day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better. But mad that you passed it on to me....