Thursday, April 10, 2008

sometimes I don't mind the rain.

I'm not in a place where I can call everyone I know to unleash the tidal wave of excitement. So here I am, embracing the trusty blog delivery.

I emailed a casual note to a chief editor of a small, special interest magazine. I told her how I thought I could contribute, how my experiences set me apart. I sent her some samples not expecting anything more than a busy woman's "delete". Less than an hour later a reply sat boldly highlighted in my inbox. She liked what she read, called it interesting and well written. She wants to talk about having me write for the magazine and I can't stand the minutes until I can dial her office and direct extension.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome, SP! What magazine is it?

Anonymous said...

WHOOOOOOOT!!!!

Most excellent! Congratulations!

Gracie said...

Congrats! What zine is it?

La C. said...

YES! This is what I like to see. How exciting. Keep us updated, I promise I'll try to keep up.

Sarah P. Miller said...

WOOOOOOOOOOT! You're gonna kick ass, girl.