And now because I'm not feeling prosey, I'll just share the highlights before trying to focus on the MUCH overdue research for tomorrow night's pedagogy class. They are as follows:
- I voted! I bar-rocked my vote in the early polls and am proud of not procrastinating [when it counts].
- I am typing to you from my sweet new MacBook. Not the NEW, new one; the white one that preceded last Tuesday's NEW, new debut.
- I paid all my bills yesterday, including the entirety of a long-lingering hospital debt and a Gap account that had allowed some unnecessary, late-summer retail therapy.
- I picked up the newest 19th C. book assignment instead of putting it off until the last minute [like last week].
- I have rocked the kitchen [since the cookie failure], which makes the hard-working Staff Sergeant a happy man and keeps me a sane woman. Last night's Seafood Risotto was a yummy change from the norm and this morning's Espresso Brownies looked divine (they're currently in the fridge setting up)! Up for the rest of the week: Red-Lentil Rice Cakes (with light-colored lentils 'cause the red ones were illusive and hard to find) and The SS's fav, homemade [turkey] sausage and pepperoni calzones.
- The fleas appear to be gone! I'm happy, Macbeth is SUPER happy!
- I just picked up candy for handing out Friday night and fabric for my costume. I'll be threatening Martha in the sewing room as well as in the kitchen this week [sinister laugh]. Thanks to McCalls' two-hour hooded cape pattern and 4.5 yards of bright red cotton fabric, I'll hopefully be a smokin' Little Red Riding Hood by Saturday night.